Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Speaking of Creativity...

Lee Haas leads a Life Group on Monday nights. He shared the following with me this morning, and I had to share it with you all. I think it's a good example of not only looking at creative ways to keep your group members engaged- but also the important role of a leader in gently keeping the conversation on topic. Thanks, and great job, Lee.


I used the general discussion questions last night and we had a good discussion.

I had to work on keeping the discussion off of government policies, credit availability, greed of banks, "them", etc. and more focused on ourselves and our actions.


The method I've been using is putting from 1 to 3 questions up on my tv which allows people to re-read and pick something to respond to.  I've had to learn to let it be quiet for a pretty long time.  I'm getting used to it now.


The tv is handy for scripture, illustrations, and avoiding fiddling with handouts. Its easy to 

create a jpgs, put them on a usb flash, and plug it in to the tv.

-Lee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive