Monday, August 10, 2009

Good reminder for us leaders....

This email came last week, and served as a great reminder that God uses what happens on Sunday mornings, and in our LifeGroups, to weave together difficult and beautiful stories of redemption. I have taken the names out to keep it anonymous. Thanks for all you do, group leaders!

Hello Steve... I attended 2nd service last week. While listening to you teach about forgiving and remembering, and asking someone to forgive you is just as important as forgiving someone, it happened. For the first time in my life I heard God!
I realized that I had not forgiven my uncle for the hurt he inflected on me and my family in a situation ten years ago. Currently I am “hand writing” a letter to him stating that I have forgiven him and asking for his forgiveness in my reaction to this hurt.
Monday night I also called my little brother (whom I have not been the best sister too) and asked for his forgiveness. My brother was a little taken back, but I asked him to forgive me for all my actions that caused him any hurt throughout the years. As you know, this is not an easy task for anyone to do. For me (a prideful big sister) it was especially difficult to admit that I had been wrong about something. He shared with me a few situations where I did hurt him (without my knowing) and I told him “I was not going to give him any excuses for my actions. Please forgive me.” I asked him to not respond to my request during our phone call, but to truly think it over and let it sink in what I was asking him to do. He told me that he has seen a change in me over the last 2 years and knows that I’m not the same person. This is mostly thanks to the support from Crosspointe & our life group coming along side me in my journey. My journey is just beginning (even though I grew up in a church) but I know that I am on the right path.

Simply – Thank you.


1 comment:

Blog Archive