Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thanks for Dying...

Life Group Leaders,

As we launch into this great weekend of remembrance and celebration, I’m reminded how grateful I am for each of you and the critical role you serve in our community. “Thank you” is not nearly adequate to convey my appreciation for all your sacrifice of time and energy to get people connected in an environment where they can pursue Jesus, build authentic relationships, and be on mission together. I regularly hear stories from people about how much their Life Group means in their lives. And while all of us certainly go through seasons where you wonder how much of a difference I am really making, trust that God is always at work-using you in ways that you don’t always see or understand.

This weekend I’ll be talking about what has to die in order for us to be ushered into resurrection life. Well, being intentional and disciplined about loving people requires putting selfishness to death in numerous ways and as Life Group leaders, you model that weekly in our community and not only am I thankful, but I’m proud. I’m proud of who you are, what you do, and who you’re helping our community become.

So thanks for all you do and being on mission with us.

Grace and peace,

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive