Tuesday, November 18, 2014

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? [BONUS MATERIAL]

Here's a few great thoughts I stole from someone on the internet who is smarter than me.
You should find them helpful personally as well as in the context of leading a group who's learning to put better stories in the gaps.




How about working on your self-talk, that internal dialogue that’s going on in your mind? You can start by talking back to that internal storyteller with a few simple facts:
  • I don’t have any information here, or at least not enough.
  • As much as I don’t like it, I can’t know what I don’t know.
  • And chances are, I don’t even know enough to come close to the truth.
  • While things could turn out bad, they could also turn out good. Or somewhere in between.
  • I don’t like uncertainty. But making up stories is just going to make me feel worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive