Friday, April 18, 2008

You know. You want her. Discussion Guide Part IV

This week is a discussion about science and faith and mostly false distinction between the two. In seeking wisdom, we are seeking the same available mind that Created all things. Is there anything to learn and understand about processes and details that God may have used- or was it only a fixed moment in the (recent) past? Christians and "the scientists" (as if you can't be both) have been generally at each others throats on this and more for centuries. Yet it's mostly not an argument that does anything useful at all.
Use the General discussion guide below, and consider reading both Genesis 1 and 2 as well as Proverbs 3:19-20 for group study. 
This video on the topic may also prove helpful for starting some discussion.


It's interesting that one of the comments below it asks rhetorically: "What kind of Christian believes this...my Bible..." and then he/she goes on to insert a personal interpretation of Genesis as the only interpretation "real" Christians may use.

What were the key points of Sunday's message? 

Did God cause any lights to go on during the music, prayer or the message?

What surprised you in regard to the message?

What is/was already part of my thinking on this subject?

What did I learn that was new to me about God/faith?

What did I learn/realize about myself that I didn't know?

What did I learn about people that I didn't realize?

What changes of thought are necessary?

Why is this important?

 

2 comments:

  1. awesome video...thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video then it was pulled. I wanted to show it to our group. Got any other videos?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive